June 10, 2008

Monterey!!!

Chris and I were lucky enough to be able to get away for a few days with the couples from Chris' work. When we first arrived Chris and the guys went golfing at Del Monte Golf course and the girls went shopping. Here we are eating out at PF Changs.

Afterwards we went to a seminar where Newt Gingrich was the speaker. I have never previously heard him speak. I was quite impressed by him and even by his somewhat radical ideas.


The next morning we all went to a fun restaurant called Em Le's in Carmel. If you ever go there get the baked french toast. Oh, and word of the wise, split it with someone.




Here's all of the couples in front of the restaurant, about 5 pounds heavier than usual.

From left to right: Heath and Christy Sheppard, Chad and Mindy Watts, Austin and Ashley Bowden, myself and Chris, and Logan and Jaydee Sheppard.

*If you have to go on a company vacation, this is the group to go with. Can't wait until next year!


After breakfast we all split up for a while ... so Chris and I decided to go horseback riding.



Fulfilling a long time dream.



That's right, we even crossed a couple of streams ... aren't we so adventurous!Like I said, can't wait until next year!



5 comments:

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

That is awesome you went horse back riding! That was smart of you to look that up prior :)

Melanie said...

The horseback riding was actually a last minute idea. I've always wanted to go, and a few days before I told Chris so. So we were driving around trying to think of what to do and we decided to look up horseback riding. Lucky for us, chris has internet on his phone so we were able to search for the closest horseback riding tours, which was in Big Sur. It actually cost us more money because we didn't plan ahead. We had to pay for a private tour because the group tour left half an hour before we got there. Oh well, if we do it again, I think paying extra is worth it to be by yourself.

Jim and Shana McGavock said...

Im jealous!!! Invite me next time! The only time I ever went on a horse trail I had to ride a stupid DONKEY! What a JIP!!!

Ashley C. said...

What a fun little getaway! And no kids! Not that we don't love them . . . you know what I mean!

krisjane said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! The horseback riding looked so cool too! :)