May 27, 2008

Chris


Chris' birthday was on the 25th, but it was a crazy weekend. So, sorry Chris, it's a little late. In memory of Chris' recent year and in honor of turning 30, I give you our top ten moments (in no particular order).

1. Agreeing on the name of Marley Rose Jensen. It was quite the battle in our marriage and due to a loving and compromising spouse it was exciting to finally agree on a name.

2. Which leads to the birth of Marley. Birth, in and of itself, is a miracle. So while leaving out the details, Marley's entrance was a miracle too. Those present to witness the event are still baffled to this day.

3. I would have to say that this recent weekend definitely made it to our top ten moments. Going to Monterey without the kids and living it up was wonderful. A big thank you goes out to Grandma and Grandpa Dees, Aunt Ginger and Uncle Tyson, and Aunt Emily and Uncle Jake for making it possible.

4. Number 4 goes to "not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but rather jumping up and down in the light".

5. Finally owning a Jeep. I know that is on Chris' top ten.

6. Finally owning a minivan. Maybe not on Chris' top ten, but definitely on mine.

7. Acquiring new hobbies ... golf and treasure hunting. (Although these are not specific "moments", I still think that they should make it on Chris' top ten.)

8. Being released from a counselor to Logan in the Elder's quorum presidency was a sad moment for Chris. However, being called to be Logan's counselor in the Young Men's presidency definitely made up for it.

9. I think that the Father's & Son's campout was a highlight of the year for both Chris and I.

10. One word - Tahoe. This includes our annual tradition of going to the cabin "with the toys", as Brody puts it, and also our excursion to Truckee. Lots of good memories between the two trips.

Chris, I love you so much!! It's been quite an interesting year. I can't wait to see what's in store for us in your 30th year. If it's like any other, it will be a blast and quite an adventure! I love ya!!

4 comments:

MegANDustin said...

What a great life you guys have! I love reading your blog. Happy Birthday to Chris!!

krisjane said...

You guys have had some fun times this year! Happy belated birthday to Chris!

Shumster said...

i love you guys and will miss you when we are gone. i hope we are not too far away when we move. happy birthday to my big bro. you are one really cool dude. thanks for your friendship. i loved having Brody over for a coupe days. it was a blast.

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

That is awesome! Happy birthday! I will get those picture to you asap, I still need to up load them... sorry I am being a slacker. :S