June 24, 2008

The latest

Okay, you're thinking "what's that picture all about?" Just a few days ago our sky was a beautiful clear blue, now completely grey. We, in the Sacramento valley, are surrounded by fires right now. My eyes are literally starting to burn a little from the smoke. It's pretty bad. The smoke is so thick, it gets cloudy looking down the street. I'm starting to feel a little clausterphobic from the smoke, like someone's smothering me with a blanket. I'm ready for a little wind to blow this all out.

On a lighter note, and sorry, no pics ... Just last weekend Chris and I got to see Phantom of the Opera. That was a blast and we had awesome tickets. Eighth row back and right in the center - the stage was eye level. It was amazing!!

Just last night we all went jet-skiing for FHE. Chris and I both got to take the two boys out on a couple of rides. It was so much fun. Wish I had brought the camera, but no, I suck.

2 comments:

krisjane said...

I know what you mean about the smoke!! We are having the same problem here in Fresno. I don't even want to go outside!!! Sounds like you guys are having some fun outings this summer!! Of course the best is going to be when you come to visit Fresno next week! :)

Shumster said...

I am feeling the pain of the smoke too. I hear that the fires should be out today and then we might get some wind soon to make it go away before the weekend :) that would be great.