July 13, 2009

Time for a long update!



For the Fourth of July we joined the Dees side of the family for the annual Roseville 4th wards breakfast at the park, which always includes a kids parade. Marley is already getting picked up by the local boys. Dad had better watch out!!!
Marley helped Dannon around quite a bit.
Our speed racer.

While Jenn, Mom, and I were out shopping for clothes for the upcoming festivities, Chris took the boys out for some guy time. They ended up at the Air and Space Museum.


Friday morning, the 10th, a friend of mine and I put the wedding cake together. Luckily, the same weekend, the Shumways were in town. So Chris took the kids to play with their cousins in Roseville while I finished up Jenn's wedding cake (pictures at end of post).


July 11th, Jenn and Jeffrey's wedding day. Here the kids wait outside the temple, a little grumpily I might add.
The beautiful bride and groom.


Matty now has to compete for Jenn's love. Oh what is he going to do?!!!

So, in between the wedding and the reception, while I helped my mom get the house and yard ready, Chris again played with his sister and her kids. Here they are at the Shumways.
Jordon and Marley.

Party Time!!
My cake ... honestly, I am so proud!

Marley Rose and Sadie Rose

From right to left: Kristen Jane, Sadie Rose, Marley Rose, Melanie Jane
Time out.
Grandpa trying to make time-out time a little bit better.



Side Note: Who needs a camera anymore ... all of these pictures were taken with Chris' phone. Crazy huh!

9 comments:

Judy Stohl said...

Thanks for posting all the pictures - I loved all of them. Jenn is beautiful and so is your cake. I am so impressed. I loved the picture of you and Kristen with your girls. I looked at every picture several times. Your kids are adorable.

krisjane said...

Loved the post! So many great pics!! The wedding was so fun and Jenn looked beautiful!! As did your cake!! I was very impressed with it! I love the picture of us with our girls and the pictures of Jenn outside the temple with Marley and the one with Matty. Poor kid was having a hard time letting her go! :( It really was a fun day and I can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks!!

Megan Holdaway said...

Fun times! It was great seeing you guys. And the cake was awesome :)

Ashley C. said...

Yay! I was hoping to see pictures from the wedding. You look so good Melanie. I still love your new (I guess not so new) haircut. And the cake is absolutely beautiful. You are quite talented!

Your kids are so cute. You're right, Chris better watch out; I'm sure lots of boys have their eye on Marley. She's a cute one!

Alicia said...

Sorry to blog stock, but I was one of Jenn's coworkers at Provo Canyon. I just wanted to see some picture of the Beautiful day! She looks amazing & I love the cake!

Jennifer Karyn said...

yay the first wedding pictures i've seen!!! Oh man what a wonderful day. Your cake was awesome. Exactly what the bride ordered. Who would've thought my awesome sister could do that :) I can't wait to see more pictures of everything. Also, I love the picture with marley, me and my flowers. My flowers look awesome :) haha.

Jim and Shana McGavock said...

You seriously made that cake? Where did you learn that? I am serious when I say can we get together and do a play date with the kids and you can show me how to make cakes? Come over! Next week?

Melanie said...

Disclaimer about the cake: Because my sister just had desserts for her wedding, she didn't think it was necessary to have an edible wedding cake. So the bottom two layers are styrofoam that I frosted, but the top layer was real. Dianne Hirst helped me with the fondant. But I honestly feel like I could do it again, by myself. So yeah, Shana, if you want some help with a cake sometime, I'd love to help, and it would be fun. Anywho ... now you guys aren't all so impressed with my cake skills ... so sad.

Brandi Raye Turner said...

I love seeing all the new pictures! You look gorgeous and your cake is fantastic!