March 24, 2009

Birthday Week

Wednesday: For my birthday Chris got me tickets to see "Wicked" in San Francisco. So we stopped the Golden Gate Bridge, my first time going on it.
Since we were in San Fran, we had to get clam chowder in bread bowls and eat them at our "spot".

I think this show is my favorite.

This ... ahem ... man, well he really likes the wicked witch of the east.

Thursday: Shopping at the Galleria

Then some outdoor fun.
aaargh!

Friday: while waiting for family, the kids played outside.

Marley couldn't get enough of William.


Friday Evening: Kimi's shower.

We didn't know too many people, so we entertained ourselves.

Saturday morning: Emily's shower. I can't believe it, but I didn't even get any pictures of the guest of honor ... sorry Em!!




Once again, drinking "cocoa".

Saturday Evening: Matty's Baptism




It was a busy, crazy, wonderful week. A huge thanks goes out to family who babysat for wicked, and family who traveled far and then those that traveled even further to attend the festivities. I love you all!

6 comments:

Jennifer Karyn said...

I love marley's pirate looks. that was such a fun weekend, so glad i didn't miss out and so glad dannon thinks i love him more than you do :)

(you'll forever hear about that)

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

FUN FUN!!! I planned a girls weekend with some friends to go see wicked! we are all excited about it :)

Megan Holdaway said...

What a fun week! I love the picture of Marley sitting in the grass. She is so cute. And Mel, you are so beautiful! I LOVE your hair.

the jensens said...

I found your blog through ginger,I use to friends with you hubby in high school , He was such a great friend,he was like family to me and I'm so happy for you guys, I think chris was one of the kindest people I've ever known. Your family is so beautiful.
all my best
kimberly moore-jensen


p.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Kyle and Jenna Nebeker said...

How fun! I love broadway shows and musicals. Phantom of the Opera is one of my favorites, but I haven't seen Wicked. Happy late Birthday, sorry I missed it.
I guess your going to be showered out after mine - its coming, I'll let you know. :)

Ashley C. said...

Looks like a great week! Happy late birthday. You and Chris are so cute! Well, your whole family is cute, but I love the pictures of you two in San Francisco.