April 10, 2008



Yeah, so it was picture day yesterday. As you can see I got lucky with two decent pictures. It is really amazing that I got even two. After we were done with the photographer I was ready to go home to my bed and cry myself to sleep. She surprised me though when she said that she got a couple of cute ones. So I hesitantly waited for the little sales pitch that Picture People gives you. Doubt was heavy on my mind. Let me give you an idea of how our photo session went so you can better understand where I was coming from ...
If Marley could see me, she would cry. It was like she was saying "Why am I in this strange place and you are so far away from me? Why does Dannon keep squishing me? Why are you squeeling so loudly and making all sorts of strange noises? And what's with the stinky feet?" So I would pick her up calm her down and try again. Just about as soon as I set her down, she would be crying. At one point I told the photographer to bag it - I was done. She said to take the kids for a stroll and see if that would calm Marley down. Wouldn't you know it that as soon as I picked her up and we were out of the store she was perfectly fine. She didn't even have red eyes. So I turned right around and took another stab at it. Second time around - same story.
So Dannon, did I mention he was squishing Marley? He would squish Marley, then randomly lay down, then the next second he'd get up and run to the props and then take off out of the room. Very typical of Dannon, but frustrating none the less.
And Brody, well, he was in rare form. The photographer would tell Dannon to put his feet down. So what would Brody do? He would put his feet up. Anything the Dannon was told NOT to do, Brody would do it.
To top it off Picture People has wonderful equipment, horrible photographers. I don't know what they teach them at Picture People Academy but having three little kids lay on their backs (including a 6 month old) and looking up at the camera isn't the best idea. Oh and another tidbit for all you aspiring photographers ... don't have three children (yes still including a 6 month old) all try to lay on top of one another. Just a bad idea.

1 comments:

MegANDustin said...

You poor thing! That's a really funny story, though, and you got some cute pictures! It does, however, make me rethink the whole summertime, laying by the pool thing, being a mom thing... at least for a little bit :)