January 18, 2011

Cali Lorraine

Okay, brief overview of how Cali was born.
2 1/2 week before due date: Head down and weighing approximately 7 lbs 13 oz by ultrasound ... hello doctor - that's a big clue!!
1 week before due date: Cali turned and was now breech, scheduled c-section for Jan 4th, day after due date.
On due date, Jan 3rd, ultrasound confirms that Cali turned once again and was head down, c-section cancelled, induction scheduled for the 11th.
Jan 7th: I took 3 TBS of castor oil - which was horrible. Contractions start a few hours later. Go to the hospital at midnight. Stay a few hours and I'm in early labor ... sent home.
Slept the 8th away.
Woke up at 4:30 am on the 9th to a bad contraction and my water breaking. That was a shock, because I have had to be induced every time in the past. Anyway, got to the hospital ... I was at a 3-4. Got an epidural right away. Cali was born at 11:59 am.

Before.
After.
9 lbs 8 oz
She was only consolable when she was holding someone's hands.



The gang.

Getting ready to go home.
Aaaaaaaaand weeeeeeeeeeeee're out of here!!!






Cali's first bath at home ...
She loved every minute of it.

She was so relaxed that as soon as it was over she wet herself ... and me, right as I was taking this picture.
This past weekend my cousin Kristen, her daughter Sadie, and my Aunt Karyn came to visit. It was a blast.
My aunt learning how to crochet.
Kristen and Cali
Marley and Sadie

3 comments:

Jennifer Karyn said...

what an awesome post. I love it. I was so glad to be there for every minute I was. I miss you all already and especially Cali. Can't wait to see you guys in a few months :)

Ellie said...

A HUGE Congratulations from us!! She is so cute. And Cali is a PERFECT name. You look great. Let me know if can help in anyway. I can always borrow your kids for a little while and give you some Cali time.

krisjane said...

She is SO beautiful!! I'm glad we got to come see her...and everyone else! :) I also love Marley and Sadie sitting using an iphone together! And our mom's crocheting. :) Hope to see you all again real soon!

Oh, and you look amazing!! I am jealous of how quickly you rebound after a baby!!! You are such a great mom too!

Oh, and I think I look a little gothic in that picture...dark hair...dark clothes...dark nails...I might need to add some color to my life and wardrobe! :)