February 10, 2009

Okay, I'll do it

25 Things about me:

1. I hate how obsessed my kids are about the wii. If I didn't enjoy it so much, I just might get rid of it.

2. My perfect day would be in Mid-April. I just picked Brody up from school, I met Mom, Jenn, and/or Emily for lunch at the Lew Howard Park. NO ONE ELSE IS THERE (this is a deal breaker). The kids are happy, the weather is perfect, good company, and a I worked on tanning my feet. Probably what really makes this so perfect is the fact that I can do this just about every day, weather permitting.

3. If I didn't have to get out of bed, I would totally be a morning person.

4. I have come to find out that I am quite lazy. I think I putz around too much.

5. I love having shorter hair, because it is "so much easier to take care of." It really isn't. Don't get me wrong, I do love having shorter. Before, however, I could get by with wearing a ponytail everyday (minus Sunday's of course). Now, ponytails aren't all that flattering, hence, I must do my hair 2-3 times per week. So no, short hair is not easier to take care of.

6. I am extremely lucky that Chris and I are so alike. I did not discover this until after we got married.

7. I get the ultimate euphoria walking into a maternity ward.

8. I HATE birds. No, this is not a fear. It all stemmed from a trip to the Lagoon in Utah. I was pooped on twice in the atrium.

9. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

10. I love the thought of traveling. I haven't really done it, but I think I would seriously enjoy it.

11. I don't like baths. Every now and then I try it again and discover I haven't changed.

12. I love scuba diving. I do not like going under though. I get this strange panicky feeling as I go
down. Once under the water, though, I am at peace.

13. I can easily pop my ears without chewing, swallowing, or making funny facial expressions with my mouth open. Comes in handy with number 12.

14. I love reading books. Once I start reading a book, all of my everyday obligations and chores take the back seat until I finish the book. Consequently, I don't read too many books.

15. Every Saturday should begin with donuts.

16. I look forward to the day when Jenn and I (along with our husbands) can raise our kids next door to each other. This would make possible endless days by the side of our pool, kid-swapping, BBQ's, game nights, and the ability to relive our wonderful childhood.

17. Rugby is the best sport ever. I wish it was broadcasted more because I am beginning to forget how it is played.

18. I have a nearly debilitating fear of Black-widows. Sometimes I would rather let them live, because that would mean I wouldn't have to get close enough to kill them.

19. Some day I hope I get the nerves to go sky-diving. I wish I had gone when I was 18 and indestructible.

20. I am a homebody, aka socially challenged.

21. I am not a big fan of thrifty cooking. It's just not that fun.

22. I love my family. This includes spouse, children, parents, siblings, in-laws, grandparents, aunts, uncles. I am so blessed in this department.

23. I love white pants, even though I am always spilling stuff on me.

24. My mailman frequently stops by a house a few doors down from me and feeds the horses. Something about this makes me smile.

25. I think thank-you cards are a waste of time. Society, as a whole, should boycott them.

26. Last thing about me (I had to add another) is my husband is better than yours.

4 comments:

Jennifer Karyn said...

you did it. all the sudden i feel so pressured...although mine would have at least 2 of the same as yours aka the park and living next door to you...that's ok though, right?

Shumster said...

I need Jenns e-mail address not her blogspot address to send her an invitation to view my site. Then we can be friends.

Jennifer Karyn said...

i love that you added more. :) I love that I read your blog so much that I know this too.

I want to be your mail man and feed the horses.

Megan Holdaway said...

I feel like I know you so much better now :) And I hate thank you cards too! They feel like more of an obligation than real thanks.